Every season and occasion calls for different home decorations. Contrary to popular belief, these efforts to beautify your home don’t need to be expensive. How? There’s a lot of easy DIY Dollar Tree projects that you can try without spending much money, effort, or time.
Some households don’t bother to decorate their homes according to season, thinking that this task will cost them a lot of money. However, as long as you trust Dollar Tree, you can certainly transform your home every season and every occasion — beautifully, effortlessly, and on a budget!
To help you make this possible, I’ve compiled some of the simplest and cheapest DIY Dollar Tree projects that produce high-end and artsy home decorations perfect for every season and occasion.
This post contains links for items to purchase. I make a commission on any sales.
How much Will it Cost Me to Create DIY Dollar Tree Projects?
As you know, “Everything’s $1” is Dollar Tree’s motto. So, you don’t have to worry about going over your budget or spending hundreds of dollars.
Dollar Tree offers almost everything. From arts and crafts supplies to kitchen and dinnerwares to gift bags and party supplies. You can find cleaning materials, seasonal decors, and more. Whatever DIY craft you have in mind, you can find everything you need at Dollar Tree.
Whether you want to catch up with the spring vibes or get ready for the next seasons and upcoming holidays, you’ll surely find some creative DIY Dollar Tree projects here that you can try.
Spring DIY Dollar Tree Projects
It’s spring, and it’s not too late to get the spring vibes going! Here are some DIY Dollar Tree craft ideas perfect for this vibrant season!
- Succulent Craft DIY – HeyTonya — Spring is all about flowers and plants. And some people have unquestionable love for succulents. If you are one of them, you just hit the jackpot! This succulent craft DIY project will only cost you 10 bucks. You will need a planter, white paint (make sure it’s water-based), sandpaper (for vintage feels), floral foam, Spanish moss, and of course, succulents.
- Spring Terrarium with Dollar Tree Frames – Farm Girl Reformed — This DIY spring terrarium is trendy, simple, fun, and easy to make. You just need to prepare small and big photo frames, white paint, paint sticks, wood glue, hot glue, candles, and some faux ferns and flowers.
- Lavender Flower Painted Mason Jars – It All Started With Paint — Lavender is beautiful and fragrant. No doubt, many people love this flower. If you do, you might want to create these DIY Lavender Flower Painted Mason Jars. To start, you’ll need these materials from Dollar Tree: mason jars, paintbrush, purple paints, green paints, and clear coat sealant. If you want a more colorful final product, you can use different shades of purple and green paint.
- DIY 3D Floral Letters – Home Talk — Got an occasion this spring? These DIY 3D Floral Letters are perfect! To make this eye-catching craft, you’ll need to prepare a paper mache letter, craft knife, floral foam, faux flowers, and floral clippers.
- Paper Bag Tiara – Happy Hooligans — Make your little girl feel like a fairy with this creative and affordable paper bag tiara. This simple DIY craft only needs paper grocery bags, artificial flowers, a glue gun, and raffia.
- DIY Giant Paper Flowers – Mr. Kate — Feel the spring throughout the house with these DIY giant paper flowers. Whether you’re planning to put this in the living room or your bedroom, you’ll never go wrong with this DIY craft. To make this simple but eye-catching project, you will need colored papers, pencils, scissors, hot glue, tape, and double-sided tape.
- Mirrored Centerpiece – Dive Into DIY — Want to DIY your home centerpiece? This mirrored centerpiece is ideal for any season. Plus, this easy craft will only require you to prepare 10 square mirrors, foam boards, glue gun, glue sticks, ruler, scissors, and pencils. You can also add candles, and faux succulents, and ferns to give it some spring fills.
- DIY Vertical Succulents Garden Wall Hanging -the Homespun Hydrangea — Succulents are everybody’s favorite nowadays. To make your succulent display at home more original, you can try these DIY vertical hanging succulents. This artsy creation will only need wooden picture frames, paint (with the color of your choice), faux moss brick, faux succulents, hot glue, glue gun, and scissors.
- DIY Gold Leaf Vase – The Creativity Exchange — This DIY project looks exquisite and original, and, amazingly, you can create this masterpiece with just a few dollars. To make this stunning vase, all you need to prepare is a vase, a tape, and a Testors Model Enamel Paint.
- Giant Pool Noodle Flowers – Smart School House — For some outdoor spring decorations, you might want to try these DIY giant pool noodles. The kids will enjoy playing outside even more with these cute and colorful giant flowers. To make this amazing decor, you’ll need some noodle boards, pool noodles, plastic chip dip trays, plastic bowls, liquid adhesive, wooden dowels, scissors, and a hammer.
Summer Dollar Tree Decorations
Summer is always just around the corner! Looking for DIY Dollar Tree summer decorations all year long is a great way to get prepared. If you’re looking for some summer decor inspirations, this section of the list is all you need.
- DIY Dollar Tree Sun Hat Wreath – We Three Shanes — Searching for summer DIY decor that is so simple and easy but is 100% pretty and refreshing? This sun hat wreath only needs five items: a sun hat, assorted faux flowers, markers, glue sticks, and a glue gun.
- Plastic Spoon Sunflower – Addicted 2 Decorating — If sunflowers are your favorite, you will surely be motivated to do this DIY plastic spoon sunflower decoration. For this DIY project, you’ll need plastic spoons, wreath forms, glue sticks, cardboards, yellow paints, and a glue gun. If you want to skip painting, Dollar Tree also has a pack of yellow utensils available online.
- DIY Burlap Wreath: Beach Themed – The Country Chic Cottage — Summer means the beach, and what could be more accurate than a beach-themed DIY decoration for this season? To make this burlap wreath, you should prepare wreath forms, white and red burlap ribbons, ropes, scissors, glue sticks, and a glue gun.
- Watermelon Themed Drinking Glasses – Kara’s Party Ideas — These glasses will be great to have during a warm summer afternoon. To make these refreshing watermelon-themed glasses, you’ll only need to have mason jars, green twine, hot glue, and black paint!
- Beach in a Vase – The Naptime Reviewer — Imagine you are on a beach vacation with this cute Beach in a Vase DIY summer decoration. Some of the Dollar Tree supplies you can get to make this summer display are clear glass cylinder vases, white sand, twine, a plastic shovel, and mini beach balls.
- Sand Bucket Goodie Bags – The Naptime Reviewer — If you’re throwing a party this summer, sand bucket goodie bags are good giveaways for guests, and at the same time, great decoration too. You will only need a few items from Dollar Tree for this project. Make sure to grab beach buckets, tissue, and the goodies you want (can be bubbles, sunglasses, stickers, or card games).
- Dollar Store Candle Vases – Creative Me Inspired You — Give your house a beachy feel with these coastal candle vases. It’s refreshing to the eyes, and of course, super simple to make. This work of art only requires a vase, marbles, white sand, candles, shells, and hot glue.
- Beachy Succulent Bowl – The DIY Mommy — This summer plant bowl looks dazzling and very cool, but it is just easy to make. You’ll only need to prepare a floral glass bowl and then fill it up with decorative blue stones, faux succulents, and seashells. Add a bit of detail by gluing some twine on top of the bowl, and you’re good to go!
- Summery Photo Frame – The DIY Mommy — Keep your summer memories forever alive with this summer photo frame idea. It’s artsy, but it’s not hard to make. Check your local Dollar Tree store for a clothesline picture frame, paint, decorative fishing net, and some shells.
- DIY Succulent Pineapple Planter — This bright and yellow pineapple succulent planter has the summer feels. If you want to create one of these, all you gotta do is get some materials from Dollar Tree. Take note of terracotta clay pots, air-dry clay, paper towels, yellow paint, paintbrush, black paint marker, potting soil, and of course, faux succulents.
Budget-Friendly Autumn DIY Craft Ideas
Get fancy and elegant this fall without ruining your budget with DIY Dollar Tree craft ideas. Whether you are looking forward to creating some home accents, table settings, or wreaths, this list has got you covered.
- Falling Leaves Wreath – Celebrate and Decorate — Feel autumn even inside the house with this Falling Leaves Wreath DIY idea. All you need for this DIY project are artificial fall leaves, fall leaf garland, and Green Foam Floral Rings.
- Fabric Pumpkins from a Halloween Bandana – Sadie Season Goods — Fall = Halloween. If you want an effortless pumpkin decoration, you should try these DIY fabric pumpkins! Just prepare the classic bandanas, some embroidery threads, scissors, and hot glue, and you’re already halfway to your cute pumpkin decoration.
- Pumpkin Terracotta Pots – Real House Moms — For a more unique pumpkin decoration, you can opt to do these DIY Pumpkin Terracotta Pots instead. All you need to prepare for this DIY fall decoration are terracotta pots, acrylic paints, sandpapers, paintbrushes, coiled floral wire, wire cutters, wooden knobs, and adhesives.
- Popcorn Kernel Filled Candleholder – Passionate Penny Pincher — Another inexpensive but wonderfully looking fall piece. This autumn-themed candle holder only needs materials such as raffia, candles, candleholders, and unpopped popcorns.
- Apple Tea Light Candles – Little Green Notebook — Apple tea light candles don’t just look perfect for autumn it also carries some elegant vibes. If you are having a party this fall, this is something that will wow your guests. For this DIY decoration, you will only need apples, apple cider vinegar (for cleansing), saltwater or lemon juice (to prevent apples from turning brown), and tealight candles.
- DIY Scarecrow Mason Jar – Easy Peasy and Fun — Fall is not just about pumpkins and maple leaves — scarecrows are also popular decorations during this season. This cute and fancy home decor is a must-try DIY project! But before anything else, you should take note of these craft supplies: mason jar, artificial hay, acrylic paints (black, tan, and orange colors), googly eyes, paintbrushes, black permanent markers, glue sticks, glue gun, faux sunflower, burlap ribbon, and scissors.
- Dollar Store Fall Leaf Tree – The Kim Six Fix — Needless to say, this autumn decoration is super easy to make. All you need to make this Fall Leaf Tree are artificial maple leaves, floral foam craft cones, and school glue.
- DIY Dollar Store Rustic Fall Lantern – Prudent Penny Pincher — This Rustic Fall Lantern only costs $6. It’s affordable, but it totally gives the autumn feel. To make this fall lantern, you will need photo frames, foam boards, glue sticks, wood design contact paper, a glue gun, a pencil, and a pair of scissors.
- DIY Fall Acorns – Domestically Blissful — Fall acorns can be cute add ons for your autumn decorations. They can be placed anywhere along with other fall decors, and they are super easy to make. You’ll only need to prepare some easter eggs, twine, pinecones, spray paint, glitter (optional), hot glue, and a glue gun.
- Fall Bucket List -Craftaholics Anonymous — This fall decoration is not only crafty, but it involves a lot of fun too. The whole family will surely enjoy completing everything included on the bucket list. But first things first, you’ll need some Dollar Tree supplies to make this fall bucket list possible. Buy a small tin bucket, a chalkboard, a paintbrush, a sharpie, chalks, popsicle sticks, and paints.
Frugal Winter DIY Decorations
Winter is all about Christmas and other merry festivities. This is also the season where everyone goes all out with the season’s decorations. Many people spend a lot on these, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are some winter DIY craft ideas that will definitely help you save a lot this Christmas.
- Christmas Candle Snowman – These Christmas candles are not just adorable, but they are perfect for the season too. Plus, you don’t need to exert much effort in making these Christmas decorations. Just be sure to prepare some white glass jar candles, paintbrushes, ribbons, twist ties, buttons, glass-friendly paints, a pair of scissors, glue sticks, and a glue gun.
- Snowball Candleholder – Feel the winter even more with this gorgeous snowball candle holder. The amazing part is that you’ll only need four materials to create this masterpiece: artificial snowflakes, spray adhesive, a round glass candle holder, and of course, candles.
- Wine Glass Snow Globe – This set of holiday dioramas feels so Christmassy. Plus, it’s lovely, I bet your guests this Christmas will approve of them too. To make this wine glass snow globe, you have to prepare wine glasses, cardboard, glue sticks, small Christmas ornaments, candles, ribbons, a pen, a pair of scissors, and a glue gun.
- Dollar Tree Christmas Candles – Christmas candles make our cold winter warm and cozy. Maybe that’s why a lot of Christmas decorations include candles. This DIY Dollar Tree Christmas candle is so easy to make, you can just say no to it. It only requires glass candle holders, candles, ornaments, ribbons, glue sticks, and candy cane sticks.
- Christmas Bow Candle – Another Christmas candle on the list! This one only needs red candles (but Dollar Tree also offers two-tone metallic unscented pillar candles which are perfect for the Christmas theme), green twine, white pillar candles, LED white pillar candle, burlap, and snowflake stickers.
- Santa Wreath — Wreaths are also essential decorations for any season. And, of course, a Santa Wreath is a must during Christmas. For an affordable and effortless Christmas wreath, you will need a white tulle ribbon, a wreath form, a Santa hat, a pair of scissors, a glue gun, glue sticks, and ribbons.
- Framed Ornament Wreath — If you are more into simple and lowkey decorations, this Framed Ornament Wreath is the DIY craft idea you’re looking for. You will only need a photo frame, a bow (optional), paints, and ornaments.
- Christmas Snow Village — Christmas decorations will never be complete with a Christmas snow village. But of course, it doesn’t have to cost you a fortune. You can make your own, just look for the following craft supplies at Dollar Tree. Take a good note of snow village houses, mod podge, white glitter, white spray paint, and a small brush.
- Snowman Door — This snowman decor will surely earn reactions from your guests this Christmas. However, just so you know, this cute snowman door does not take much effort or money. As long as you have a white door, you can just cut out black colored papers to make a snowman’s eyes, buttons, and smile. As for the snowman’s muffler, you can use Christmas gift wrap too.
- Dollar Tree Valentine Candle – These Dollar Tree valentine candles are super cute, easy to make and would make a great gift idea. Using a flameless candle this craft project is great for all age groups to make.
- Lighted Burlap Garland – Garlands are also a must-have every Christmas. If you want an upgrade, you can try to make this DIY lighted burlap garland. This DIY project will require you mini lights, burlap ribbon, and a pair of scissors.
Looking for more Dollar Tree Posts?
Check out some of these other posts about Dollar Tree. If you love getting the biggest bang for your buck you’ll want to make sure you know everything there is to know about Dollar Tree. We’re sharing tips on how to save, what to buy, and more! Check out these great posts and let us know what else you want to learn about Dollar Tree shopping in the comments.
Join our newsletter for more Dollar Tree shopping tips and gift guides.